Monday 5 April 2010

Tuesday 30 June - Another Rest Day

I had only one task to complete before we set off the following day. I had been carrying far too much gear and had determined to strip my load down to essentials. I decided to dispense with the fleece and jumpers I had taken in case of cold weather which didn’t happen. The forecast indicated a continuing heat wave, so they could go, as could the binoculars, camera tripod and chess set, all of which had remained unused. I would replace the heavy jeans with light walking trousers, but would take a pair of sandals to provide evening relief from the foetid trainers I’d been wearing for cycling. I would be able to pack this reduced load into the two small pannier bags and leave the big ones at home.
“Oh, bugger it”, I thought. “I’ve got all day, I’ll pack the bags later. I can’t be arsed to do it now”.
As I went upstairs to bed at about 12.30am, having spent the entire day doing nothing in particular, I noticed the pannier bags, empty but for one sandal in each. Fifteen minutes later they were packed and on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment